Sunday 1 March 2015

Hand Painted Cookie

Every now and then I actually get a minute or ten to try out something I've been wanting to do for a while.
This was one of them - hand painting on a cookie.
I'll be the first to admit that I have no painting skills, but it's not too hard to streak some splodges of colour on a cookie. I'm sure my 4 year old could do it... and would have if I'd been willing to share my cookies with her!

I didn't take any step by step photos (again!) because I didn't know how it would turn out.
But basically -

  •  create your white canvas by flooding a cookie with royal icing
  • allow that to dry overnight
  • make edible paints out of a 1:1 mix of gel colour and clear alcohol
  • paint on the first colour with a flat tipped brush (size 3) 
  • allow to dry
  • paint on subsequent colours, allowing drying time in between
  • once the paint layers are dry, draw on your chosen image with an edible marker. 


Happy creating! 

xxM 

No comments:

Post a Comment