This was one of them - hand painting on a cookie.
I'll be the first to admit that I have no painting skills, but it's not too hard to streak some splodges of colour on a cookie. I'm sure my 4 year old could do it... and would have if I'd been willing to share my cookies with her!
I didn't take any step by step photos (again!) because I didn't know how it would turn out.
But basically -
- create your white canvas by flooding a cookie with royal icing
- allow that to dry overnight
- make edible paints out of a 1:1 mix of gel colour and clear alcohol
- paint on the first colour with a flat tipped brush (size 3)
- allow to dry
- paint on subsequent colours, allowing drying time in between
- once the paint layers are dry, draw on your chosen image with an edible marker.