Wednesday 28 May 2014

Dry-Brushing Technique with a Stencil


"And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's
She said I think I remember the film..."

I don't remember seeing the film.
Which means I probably didn't, because I've got a pretty good memory for films and books.
My husband, on the other hand, could watch something three times and not recall it. Great for him, not so entertaining for me...
Don't worry, if he reads this, he won't remember it for very long ; )

But that's a complete by-the-by... Only vaguely relevant because I'm using our Breakfast at Tiffany's cupcakes to demonstrate a technique for you:

How to dry-brush a stencil design onto fondant.
(Which you might recall from a class, or might not...)

: )



Dust your surface with cornflour
Roll out the fondant
Use a cake smoother to press the stencil firmly down onto the surface of the fondant. If it isn't securely stuck down, then powder will creep under a loose edge of the stencil and spoil the effect.


Use a flat tipped brush to dry brush on the powdered food colour.


Brush off any excess powder.
Smoothly peel off the stencil.


Cut out your fondant disc.


Allow to dry before using to bedeck a cupcake swirl.



"And as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it..."


Happy decorating!

xxM 

No comments:

Post a Comment