Tuesday 26 January 2016

Mermaid Tales and Scales

It's been nearly a year since I was planning this mermaid themed party.
I was asked the other day if my children appreciate what I do for their parties.... Um, possibly not.

When I made this demo for the mermaid class, my daughter took one look at her and proclaimed "Oh, you should have done that for my party!"
Does that mean you weren't happy with the one I did make for you??!!   I didn't bother to ask.
You've got to be thick-skinned to be a parent!






Anyway, here's a quick tip:
If you need to make scale impressions on your mermaid's tail, you may find that the scalloped tool in you set of modeling tools is a little too large, and not sharp-edged enough to give a good result.
So, take a plastic drinking straw and snip off a wedge lengthways, and use the remaining crescent edge to create your imprints.






And don't forget to lustre that tail  when you're done scaling! 






Happy decorating!

xxM

2 comments: