Sunday 26 May 2013

Chai White Chocolate Ganache

It was amazingly difficult to photograph these macarons.
They just kept on wanting to roll off the plate, and straight into my mouth. Biz-arre!
; )

Anyway, I'm still using the same macaron recipe as before, but what I discovered is that making them is not like riding a bicycle! I took a break after I'd felt I got the hang of it last September. I didn't mean for  6 months to go by before I made macarons again; but I guess it did.
It was almost like starting from scratch. But it only took three failed batches this time, compared to (at least) 6 last year! One thing I did learn was that the bottled egg whites you can now buy from Woolworths don't seem to work as well as aged fresh egg whites (does that make sense?! "aged fresh"! Making mac's clearly scrambles the brain!)

What I really wanted to share with you, though, is the Chai Ganache that I made to fill the macarons: Delish!

Chai White Chocolate Ganache
recipe by Tea, Cake and Create

200g white chocolate discs, or blocks cut into small, even sized pieces
100ml cream
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Place both the cream and chocolate into a bowl, and melt the chocolate either in the microwave on low power - 2 minutes increments, stirring in between; or by using a double boiler.
Stir occasionally, until all the chocolate has melted.
Stir in the spices, and leave ganache to set.

When it is a spreading consistency, spoon between the macaron shells.




It would also make a great topping or secret centre
for cupcakes, or sandwiched between layers of cake.

Be warned - I'm on a winter spice and citrus kick;  more recipes to follow!




xxM





No comments:

Post a Comment