So, this is Miffy. I didn't know Miffy until about a year ago. Why, she isn't as popular in SA as Hello, Kitty, I don't know. She is really cute - albeit in a slightly lugubrious kind of way. She is Dutch, and her real name is Nijntje. Try pronounce that one!
Miffy is drawn in a minimlist style, so she is really easy to capture in sugar paste....
- Add tylose powder to your fondant to make "modeling paste". See here for more details.
- By hand, shape a white piece into a ball, two long ovals for ears, two small tear-drops for paws, and two larger tear drops for feet.
- In another colour, shape a large tear-drop body and two smaller ones for sleeves.
- You can add a collar and button in 3rd colour, too. The collar is simply made by cutting a circle in half. Attach with a little tylose glue
- Use some dry spaghetti to support the head, and ears. Attach with a dab of tylose glue.
- Indent the bottom of the sleeve, and attach the paw using tylose glue.
- Draw the eyes and mouth on with an edible marker - the ink is edible, not the marker ; ) - once the head is dry.