Our bags aren't packed, and we're not ready to go, but tomorrow we'll be leaving on a jet-plane!
We'll be gone for two weeks, and then I'll be straight back and into my kitchen baking up a storm for my son's birthday party.
So much to do!
But first a holiday : )
And I'm squeezing in a quick "how-to" before I get stuck into packing.
How-to use rubber stamps on cookies:
- Cookies iced with royal icing that have had at least 24hrs to dry completely
- Non-inked ink pad - available at stationery stores
- Gel food colour - usually black or brown, to make your edible ink
- Clear alcohol - vodka, cane, etc
- Rubber stamps - to be used exclusively with edible ink!
Mix the gel colour with alcohol in a ratio of 1:1
Use a large paintbrush, or pastry brush to evenly distribute this "ink" over the non-inked pad.
Test the stamp on some paper towel before applying to the cookie - some areas of the stamp may take up more colour than others.
When pressing down with the stamp on the cookie, be aware that there is often a dip in the centre of the cookie - so be sure to press down firmly on the middle of the stamp.
Allow the ink to dry, then
Add details with royal icing, or paint made from food colour and alcohol
- I often just dry brush on powdered colours and luster dusts - or a combination of these.