While I was taking pictures for this tutorial, it crossed my mind that it was possibly a bit repetitious of a post I did a year or so ago. But when I looked it up, it was actually a post from back in 2013!
(Find it here: marbled cookie tutorial. ) Four whole years - high time for another one!
And anyway, this marbled bauble has a slightly different look, inspired by a cookie that caught my eye in a DeAgostini Cake Decorating magazine.
Marbled Bauble Cookie, (Christmas 2017!)
- Outline then flood your ball bauble cookie with red royal icing.
- Pipe lines of white and green in flood-consistency icing.
- Use a cocktail stick or a scribe tool to drag through the icing in alternating directions - first up, then down as in the pictures below. Try make it symmetrical so that you start and end on an upward pull.
- Add a few gold dragees while the icing is still wet.
- (Don't forget to ice that little cap on top!)
- Leave the cookie to dry completely before packaging.
My favourite cookie cutter of this set? The Father Christmas face. Don't see it there? That's because I turned it into an owl!
And of course a plaque - always love a plague for all that versatility it offers.