Saturday 8 July 2017

Oreo Drip Cake

 So,  I thought I'd just quickly whip up a little something to celebrate World Chocolate Day yesterday...


That little something was a mug of hot chocolate. It was delicious.

This cake, on the other hand, took several hours to put together, and was made for a different reason entirely. And because there's not much more to say about my hot chocolate, I'll tell you about the cake instead.

Inspired by an image from Pinterest,  it's a choc-chip pound cake filled with cookies & cream icing, covered in white chocolate ganache, The drip is dark chocolate ganache, and the swirls on top are cream cheese icing  (I just put some plain icing aside when making the cookies & cream icing).




Because white chocolate is really beige chocolate, and I wanted to mirror the dark chocolate / white icing of the Oreos, I added Rolkem concentrated colour, Arctic Snow to the white chocolate ganache. It didn't change the taste significantly, but made it set really quickly. A little too quickly to work comfortably with.  (Ganache is tricky to smooth when it has set).
I was very happy with the end colour, though.  What do you think?





And no, I haven't posted a recipe for  the choc-chip pound cake yet.
Sadly, I couldn't take a slice of this cake to photograph before I handed it over to it's new home. (Strangely, they wanted it in tact...)
So, I'll just have to find an excuse to bake another one and post the recipe then...
Would you like to come over for tea?
😋

Happy baking!

xxM


No comments:

Post a Comment