It would not be my first choice, I tell you. But a mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do, right?!
So here I am, decorating Pokeballs.
They're actually not so bad. Just three colours! Yay!
But that they're round. And we all know the challenges I have with symmetry!
Anyway, here goes:
- Royal icing in three colours and two consistencies.
- Use a template to help define areas.
- Outline with detail-consistency royal icing.
- Flood with flooding-consistecy royal icing.
- Allow the white area and red area to set before piping in the black.
- The little white circle in the middle is done wet-on-wet onto the black icing (which I figured was the easiest way to make sure it was round!)
If you've got an airbrush, add a little airbrushing with red to give the balls some depth.
See - not so bad!
Now I need to go decorate a Pokemon inspired cake. Give me strength!