So, this is a gone-fishing kind of filler while I work on some meatier posts.
Sea Themed Cake Pops
- cake balls ready for dipping (See how I make cake pops here.)
- cake pop sticks
- melted white chocolate, coloured aqua/ sea green
- finely crushed cookie crumbs
- small edible fish (of course most fish are edible... but you know what I mean!)
- piping consistency royal icing
After you've secured the cake ball onto the stick with chocolate, dip it into the aqua-coloured chocolate; tap it gently on the side of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
Before the chocolate sets completely (but has stopped dripping), dip the base of the cake pop into finely crushed cookie crumbs.
If you get the timing right, and the chocolate hasn't set yet, the fish will stick to the cake pop. Otherwise use a little chocolate to glue it in place.
Once the chocolate has set completely, pipe on small dots of royal icing to imitate bubbles (you can use melted white chocolate, but my chocolate piping skills are not so hot, so I'll stick with what I know!) It's an important step - the bubbles really bring it to life (breathing air does that, I guess...!)